Malaysia Free for certain area only
- Strong bond - which will cope with shrinkage and thermal movement, so you know the job will last.
- Adheres well to wet and dry timber, so there is no need to wait for the timber to dry.
- Easily extruded and easy to use in low Winter temperatures, so it allows you to continue with the job at low temperatures.
- Paintable when dry, to give you a neat, quality finished job.
- Doesn't drip, sag or string, so there is less mess when you are using the product.
- Is available in a range of sizes and delivery styles.
- Meets requirements specified by Australian Standard AS 2329-1999.
- Bridges gaps on rough and ill fitting construction material.
- Has a life expectancy, when cured, of 20 years.
- Not for use on polyethylene, polypropylene, Teflon, silicone or polystyrene
Is a premium grade multipurpose construction adhesive that delivers a consistently strong and lasting bond on most building materials. Shrinkage and thermal movement in buildings can cause bonds to weaken over time, but Liquid Nails High Strength is flexible enough to response to movement allowing a strong bond to be maintained over time.
- Ensure the surfaces to be bonded are clean, dry and free from dust, grease, oil and loose powdery materials. If porous surfaces are greasy or dirty, we would recommend cleaning the surface and allow to dry. If the surface is non-porous eg glass or metal, firstly clean the surface with Mineral Turpentine and then again with Methylated Spirits, and allow to dry. On wet timber pooled water should be wiped off. Highly oily timber types may need to be wiped with solvent prior to application to remove surface oils.
- We also recommend sanding the surface back with a good quality sanding block, as the construction adhesive will adhere more readily to a scratched up surface.
- Apply a bead of product along the length of the joist, stud or batten. On broad flat surfaces apply beads every 40cm.
- Fix the surfaces with sufficient nails, screws or clamping to hold load and achieve contact over the total bond area. The product is repositionable for up to 20 minutes after fitting.
- Allow the adhesive to set (at least 24 hours) before removing any temporary fasteners or clamping. For faster grab, apply to one surface only, press together and pull apart. Allow surfaces to dry 2-5 minutes before firmly joining.
- The time it takes to form a strong bond depends on the nature and conditions of the application. In most situations strong bonds can be achieved after 24 hours and will continue to strengthen over a 2-3 day period. The product will fully cure up to 7 days.
- When the product is still wet it can be removed with mineral turpentine, otherwise if the product is dry it can be removed by sanding or scraping.
- To eliminate squeaks in tongue and groove flooring, apply a bead of Liquid Nails into the groove or each board when installing.
- When applying to one surface, ensure sufficient LIQUID NAILS is used so that some adhesive extrudes out when surfaces are brought together then wipe off excess if necessary. If glue is not visible, then insufficient contact may not have been made between the surfaces and a weak joint may result.
- LIQUID NAILS should always be used in conjuction with mechanical fasteners in structural, critical or high stress applications.
- LIQUID NAILS shrinks slightly on curing.
- Cured LIQUID NAILS residues can be removed by holding a rag soaked in Mineral Turps against the residue, then rubbing the residue once softened.
- Mineral Turps penetrates in this way at approximately 1 mm per hour.
- When Liquid Nails joints are directly exposed to the weather, it is recommended to seal around the edges with a silicone sealant to prevent water ponding inside the joint and thus weaken the joint.
- LIQUID NAILS is NOT recommended for use on mirrors or polystyrene
What's in the box
- 1 X Selley's 75GM Liquid Nails Multi Purpose
Most Viewed Product